Australian performer Virginia Gay has been a presence on our screens since she graduated from WAAPA. Not content with acting only on screen, Virginia has excelled on stage too including writing some cabaret shows.
Virginia was kind enough to do a Q & A for this site. She can currently be seen on Winners & Losers on Channel 7 whilst at the same time trying to perfect the art of Twitter.
Sydney Theatre Company held their Audi Night with the Actors for “The Maids” on July 1.
Below are some of tidbits from the Q&A.
Note this is not the full transcript (as opposed to the Subscriber Briefing). Continue reading
The Maids – Subscriber Briefing
Sydney Theatre Company
27 May 2013 at Wharf 2
Present for Briefing:
- Andrew Upton (new translation)
- Benedict Andrews (new translation / director)
- Cate Blanchett (Claire)
- Isabelle Huppert (Solange)
- Elizabeth Debicki (Mistress / Madame)
Below is a summary of the subscriber briefing. Please credit when linking. Continue reading
A quick note, it has taken five months, but I’ve finally restored the posts that had been lost when my site was hacked in July and August.
One of the posts that has been restored is the Night with the Actors of Our Town (Sydney Theatre Company – 2010). I have scanned the programme for the show, since it starred two of this year’s AACTA nominated actors in Ashleigh Cummings and Susan Prior.
Sydney Theatre Company’s “Never Did Me Any Harm” Night with the Actors.
Part of the Sydney Festival
Date: 16 January 2012
Below are some of the highlights from Night with the Actors. Continue reading
My Top 5 Theatre Productions of 2011.
Because I spent three months in Europe in 2011, two productions from England and France made it into my Top 5.
- Driving Miss Daisy (Wyndham’s Theatre) – UK
- Le Paradis Sur Terre (Theatre Edouard 7) – France
- In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play (Sydney Theatre Company) – Australia
- The White Guard (Sydney Theatre Company) – Australia
- Gross und Klein (Sydney Theatre Company) – Australia
The following is an abridged transcript of Sydney Theatre Company’s production of Gross Und Klein’s Night with the Actors.
As usual spoilers beware but here are some of the major winners of the 2011 Helpmann Awards.
Credit to The Courier Mail for the list of winners.. Continue reading
Sydney Theatre Company’s “In the Next Room, or the vibrator play” had its Night with the Actors on February 21 at the Drama Theatre, Sydney Opera House.
Pamela Rabe, director, is not present but Associate Director, full cast and Andrew Upton (moderating). Continue reading
So far these are the theatre productions I am planning to see in 2011. Of course over the year some of these may change. But note, I’ll most likely be outside Australia between September and November so any productions during that time I will sadly miss.
- In the Next Room, or the vibrator play (Sydney Theatre Company)
- Zebra! (Sydney Theatre Company)
- Much Ado About Nothing (Bell Shakespeare)
- The Seagull (Belvoir Street Theatre)
- The Gift (Melbourne Theatre Company)
- The Water Carriers (Melbourne Theatre Company)
- Terminus (Sydney Theatre Company)
- Hamlet (Melbourne Theatre Company)
- The White Guard (Sydney Theatre Company)
- No Man’s Land (Sydney Theatre Company)
- Gross and Klein (Sydney Theatre Company)
- The Importance of Being Earnest (Melbourne Theatre Company)
Then there are the usual musicals such as Mary Poppins, Hairspray and possibly Doctor Zhivago that I might cough a few dollars up to see.